Project is a new 1-story dining facility designed in accordance with UFC 4-722-01 and programmed to replace an existing outdated galley. The facility provides meal service for students and patrons of Training Wing One, and the VT-7 and VT-9 Training Squadrons at NAS Meridian, Mississippi, as well as NTTC Meridian Class “A” Schools.
- Facility provides seating for 400 patrons and supports a management staff of 5 and food service staff of 30 persons.
- Site development elements included parking for 90 vehicles, sidewalks, and landscaping.
- New Main entrance, lobby, reception, administration, and housekeeping areas also serve the existing Navy Lodge.
- High-end sustainable materials and design elements were utilized throughout the facility.
- Facility design conforms to NAS Meridian Exterior Facility Design (IAP) standards and incorporates latest AT/FP design criteria from UFC 4-010-01. Design conforms to base standards for exterior finishes, including standing seam metal roof, brick veneer and glazed wall components.
- Serving line design and layout were developed to provide an enhanced and sensory-stimulating food selection experience for patrons of the facility, and avoid a rigid and institutional queuing process in the serving areas.
- Designed to Achieve LEED-Silver certification.