We deliver purpose.
Bullock Tice Associates (BTA) provides planning, architectural and interior design services to clients located throughout the North Gulf Coast and Southeast USA regions. We focus our capabilities on serving the following: commercial/multifamily residential developers; governmental/educational/institutional entities; and Department of Defense/public design agencies. Founded in 1958, our multi-generational practice has built its reputation on 1) active listening, 2) creative client collaboration/engagement, 3) dependable/professional design execution and 4) responsiveness.
To enable worthy purpose in our architecture and in our people.
Our objective at Bullock Tice Associates is to deliver distinctive value to our clients through the process and product of design. Value is defined by our clients' specific critical success factors which vary according to mission, culture, business, and industry.
Depending on the specific project type(s), design performance can be measured in a multitude of dimensions such as sales volume or profit margin, customer and/or user satisfaction, utilization, employee satisfaction/productivity, risk avoidance, change friendliness, business process outcomes, and efficiency of operations and maintenance – to name a few.
Once performance factors are confirmed with the client, BTA collaboratively establishes a design process to deliver them and the methods to measure our success. Over the years we have learned that focus is the key to success and our focus is to deliver Client-defined Value through targeted facility design performance.
The firm was initially founded by Ellis W. Bullock Jr., FAIA in 1958. Under his leadership, a broad practice profile was established serving both public and private sector clients throughout the Southeast. In 1994, the firm fully transitioned into its second generation under the leadership of John P. Tice, Jr., FAIA. Mr. Tice, along with partners Michael C. Richardson, AIA, LEED AP BD+C and Jon R. Molloy, AIA, has built upon Bullock Tice Associates' solid foundation a practice that is focused, organized and trained to deliver high performing design – in both process and product.
In January 2009, BTA announced the elevation of two architects to Associate Partner status - Larry Adams, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, and Bob Maggiore, RA, LEED AP BD+C. Together, these individuals form BTA's third generation of leadership.
Today, BTA focuses their historically broad practice profile on serving select clients throughout the Southeast in governmental, institutional, and commercial marketplaces. This allows the firm to accrue an intimate understanding of their clients’ businesses and industries. It also provides a stable and varied practice environment to attract and retain talented professionals.
OUR CORE VALUES, NOT JUST WORDS
Be true to our word and do the right thing
Seek win/win outcomes in all we do – with our clients, our teams, our publics, and ourselves
Assume a leader attitude in all we do, regardless of our role(s)
BTA has received over 50 awards for design excellence since 1974. The Florida Association of the American Institute of Architects honored BTA with the Firm of the Year Award in 1993 and BTA's CEO, John P. Tice, Jr., FAIA, with the Gold Medal Award in 2010. The firm was recognized in the Top 300 Architecture Firm list landing the number 288 slot in Architectural Record's 2017, and 262 slot in 2013 editions, as well as the number 254 slot in the Almanac of Architecture & Design's Top 333 Design and Architecture Firms 2013 edition.
Recent accomplishments include:
- 2019 NAIOP New Development of the Year Award for Ever'man Cooperative Grocery and Cafe, 9 Mile Road
- 2019 Merit Award for Facility Design from the NIRL-2019 USAF Design Awards Program
- 2019 AIA Florida's People's Choice Award 6th Place: Kingsfield Elementary School, Pensacola, FL
- CI 2019 Integration Award: Best Government Project ERDC Headquarters, Vicksburg, MS CI Article pg 1 CI Article pg 2
- Junior Achievement Professional Organization of the Year Award 2016
- 2014 Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) AEC Achievement Award: Emerald Breeze Hotel, Ft. Walton Beach, FL
- 2014 NAIOP NW Florida Chapter Rehab/Re-purpose Development of the Year Award: Ever'man Natural Foods Store, Pensacola, FL
- 2012 AIA Florida Northwest Chapter Masonry Award: Pensacola State College South Santa Rosa Center Phase I / Gulf Breeze, FL
- 2011 AIA Florida Northwest Chapter Award of Excellence: St. Paul Catholic Church / Pensacola, FL